The $121-million two-level facility will include:
- A micro-hospital with an eight-bed emergency department and a short-stay inpatient unit
- A comprehensive cancer center with infusion therapy as well as radiation, medical, and surgical oncology
- An imaging center with MRI, CT, PET, X-ray, and ultrasound capabilities
- An outpatient surgery center
- Laboratory services
- Medical offices with access to UChicago Medicine’s physicians and specialists, including those in cancer care, cardiology, digestive diseases, orthopedics, neurosciences, pediatrics, primary care, surgical specialties, transplant care, and women’s health
The Northwest Indiana Micro-Hospital and Multispecialty Center will be UChicago Medicine’s largest off-site facility, treating approximately 110,000 patient visits a year when completed.
Walsh Construction will serve as the project's general contractor with Perkins&Will as the lead designer. The facility is expected to open in spring 2024.
Founded in 1898, The Walsh Group is a fourth-generation family-owned business providing design, build, finance, and operation for a variety of construction projects. The company operates out of 21 strategically located regional offices across North America.